TBI stands for Traumatic Brain Injury. TBI has been in the news lately because of blast injuries suffered by many soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan, but TBI is a common source of brain damage in the civilian life as well.
More Questions and Answers
- What is lobotomy?
- Is schizophrenia a brain disease or is it psychodynamic?
- What is the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test?
- Can drugs cure Alzheimer’s disease?
- Does HIV affect the brain?
- What is “agnosia”?
- Is language hard-wired?
- Where is the seat of consciousness?
- What kind of information can you get from MRI?
- If somebody who was in a car accident has normal brain MRI, does it mean that everything is OK?
- Why does hypoxia often result in memory impairment?
- Is it true that cognition is also impaired in Parkinson’s disease, and not just movements?
- Is it true that the left hemisphere is “rational” and the right hemisphere is “emotional”?
- What is dyslexia?
- What is neuropsychology?
- What are the most common causes of TBI in civilian life?